The Gastrointestinal Society is thrilled to announce that it will be participating in the 2017 Scotiabank Charity Challenge!
The Vancouver races will be happening on June 25, 2017, and the GI Society needs YOUR help to raise funds and awareness for those living with gastrointestinal and liver conditions across Canada.
Runners can participate in either the 21k half-marathon or the 5k run. By signing up for the race and selecting the Gastrointestinal Society as your chosen charity, 100% of your registration fee will go towards helping the GI Society to provide support, resources, and information to those who need it the most.
Why should you join the GI Society team?
- To help the GI Society fund the production of high-quality, up-to-date printed information and educational materials for patients, their families, and healthcare professionals
- To support our advocacy efforts on your behalf
- To help organize educational BadGut® Lectures across the country
- To be a HERO in the lives of individuals with gastrointestinal diseases and disorders
In order to support the GI Society, you must first sign up for the marathon of your choice, then choose “yes” to participate in the Charity Challenge, then choose the Gastrointestinal Society as the charity you wish to support.
Use these codes when you sign up to get a discount and show your support for the GI Society:
Half-Marathon discount code: 17GC21K
5K discount code: 17GS5K
2017 Entry Fees
|DISTANCE||Current Price||Final Price|
- Children 12 and under – $19 entry for the 5k event
- Youth 13 to 19 receive a $5 discount
- Seniors 65 and over receive a $5 discount
By joining the GI Society Scotiabank Charity Challenge team, you are giving the GI Society the boost in visibility and funding that we greatly need. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet and train with a group of like-minded individuals that care deeply about fitness, teamwork, and helping Canadians with GI and liver conditions to live better, healthier lives.
If you have any questions about the event or need help registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604-873-4876, or toll-free at 1-866-600-4875.