A survey to learn what people think about the use of large data sets for research purposes
PURPOSE OF THIS STUDY:
Big Data, in health care, is large and complex sets of data that have information routinely collected on patients’ health and their use of health care systems.
The purpose of this study is to understand the public’s knowledge and opinions about the use of Big Data in Canadian health research. This includes:
- Current level of knowledge about Big Data;
- Willingness to participate in projects using Big Data;
- Major concerns about the use of Big Data;
- Interest in learning more about research using Big Data;
- Preferred modes of receiving more information about Big Data
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
To be eligible to participate in this study, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a Canadian resident
- Have access to a device with internet access
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
Participants will be asked to complete a survey consisting of multiple choice questions. The survey should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.